Save the Date!
The Annual Fountain Blues Festival 2016
June 25th – Cesar Chavez Plaza
The Fountain Blues Foundation is a 501 (c)(3) nonprofit organization. You can find more information about us below. Please consider donating to our cause:
May 3rd is the annual Day of Giving!
Visit our Silicon Valley Gives donation page to help us strengthen our cause!
- Blues Preservation. The FBF is organized to preserve and promote the indigenous American music known as the blues. Preservation activities may take a variety of forms, including live performances, broadcasts, lectures and community education about the history of the blues, culminating in the annual Fountain Blues Festival (which features a wide-diversity of roots and blues styles).
- Artistic Support. The FBF supports blues musicians by facilitating live performances of blues music by both seasoned and emerging artists; providing programs to expose and promote blues music to the broader music community; providing education for musicians, including mentorships and music industry experiences that promote professional artistic exchange; partnering with local venues and merchants to promote a community that supports the blues art form.
- New Audience Development. The FBF aims to attract new listeners to the blues through its events, social media and PR/Communications efforts to the growing FBF database of fans.
- The mission of the FBF includes education programs centered on blues music to K-12 and higher education institutions and community organizations. These programs are intended to encourage young artists and audiences of all ages to appreciate or engage in blues music.
- The FBF aims to support the economic development of the Bay Area by including local venues, vendors, merchants, and municipalities in the achievement of our blues mission.